Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Milo's 1st Birthday! Picture Extravaganza!



February 20, 2007 was the day Milo and his 5 brothers were born, this makes Milo one years old today!




So Niki and I took Milo birthday shopping at Petsmart for some birthday shenanigans.



We let him go through all the isles so he could pick out the toy he wanted.



This one made a lot (too much) noise, and Milo would've de-stuffed it in 30 minutes anyways...




"Milo, there's no toys in there..."




This ball would've been a great toy, but just in the time he had it at the store it was looking pretty rough. Sorry Petsmart!



Now here's a toy; the tag says that it's virtually indestructible, with 3 times the stitches and reinforced seams. We'll see how long it lasts with Milo...



Milo did get to share his big day with a quite a big dog. Yeah, that's a dog...



We did see some others on our trip through the store, although these cats seemed way more interested in Milo than he did in the cats.



Some more shenanigans showed up when Milo went looking for a ball he 'misplaced'...



Nope. Not there.



I had to come to the rescue, just he could lose it again. It's just like having a kid...



Speaking of youth, no that's not a mirror, we ran into a 4 month old Westie while perusing the store.



Needless to say they got along great, if only they could keep their leashes untangled...



In my hand is a new tennis ball for Milo to fling about the house.



On the way home Milo decided to jump in the back seat.




It turns out his motive for getting back there was to play with his new toys...


Although he's a year old we've only had him for about 10 months or so, and boy has it been a blast. I started the blog on April 1st, 2007 when we first went down to the breeders and met Milo for the first time. But April 15th, 2007 is the first day Milo came home and the first official day of the blog. So keep an eye for April 15th this year, and not just for your taxes... I'll have a big Milo recap, going through all the crazy events and pictures that took place throughout the year in blogging everyday about Milo.


I want to thank everyone who comes and visits Milo (whether in person or on the web), I love that we get to share him with so many people everyday. I love getting all the comments and pictures/stories of the readers dogs too, so keep sending those in as well.


For more great puppies make sure to check out www.dailypuppy.com and www.lovemutt.com as well.

mail

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to delurk and wish Milo a very happy birthday.

I've been reading your blog for two months now and I look forward to seeing Milo's adventures. He's a beautiful dog.

Justin Winchester said...

Thanks for the kind words... Milo always has something going on, it's amazes me I've been able to come up with something to write about everyday.

audreyln said...

I'm another lurker...

Happy Birthday Milo!

Milo brightens up my day and since I'm not able to have a dog where I live, I can be a pet owner viciously though your blog.

My childhood dog was a Cairn Terrier so Milo brings back fond memories. I love terriers!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday, Big Guy!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Milo! How starnge is that? I have a Westie named Milo, too!!! He's sitting right here with me! I love my Milo, he's a year old. He last year graduated from Petsmart's Beginner Class. Milo is very loving and affectionate and very wild! I love hime to death! Milo does have a girlfriend, Brandy, She is a huge german shepard that lives in the neighborhood. Milo's middle name is Elvis. We just thought that would suit him! Just thought I'd share a bit information about my Milo!!